control panel
UK Permits News
Applicants: Statement of intent outlines new requirements for settlement and naturalisation

08 April 2013

Today (8 April 2013), the Home Office is publishing a statement of intent outlining planned changes to requirements for those applying to settle in the UK, or become naturalised as British citizens.

From 28 October 2013, applicants in both categories will be required to pass the Life in the UK Test and to hold a B1 (intermediate) level English language speaking and listening qualification. This change will strengthen the citizenship process, replacing the current system which requires applicants to sit either the life in the UK test or s...

Guidance: Fees for citizenship applications

Updated: Updated guidance.

Read this information to find out how much you need to pay to apply for citizenship or right of abode in the UK.

This includes fees for status checks, duplicate certificates, confirmation of the non-acquisition of British citizenship and certificate corrections.

It also explains how fees can be paid, and provides a payment slip.

Guidance: Sponsor guidance appendix F: Tier 5 (International Agreement)

Updated: Updated with new guidance document.

This guidance is for employers and sponsors. It is an appendix to the full policy guidance on sponsoring a worker.

It will help you work out whether you can sponsor a contractual service supplier or independent professional in the Tier 5 (International Agreement) category.

Guidance: Bulk data transfer for sponsors: data values for CAS fields

Updated: Version 11 published.

This document is part of the bulk data transfer toolkit for licensed sponsors that are using the sponsorship management system (SMS).

It contains information about data values for technical specialists who are setting up bulk data transfers between a sponsor’s IT system and the SMS.

Applicants: Immigration fees change on 6 April 2013

05 April 2013

The previously announced fee increase for visa applications made from overseas, and applications made in the UK, will take effect from tomorrow, Saturday 6 April 2013.

All applications submitted from 00:01 (UK time) on Saturday 6 April, must be accompanied by the correct fee. Any application accompanied by the old fee will be not be accepted. Applicants can use an old version of an application form for 21 days following the increase, but these should be accompanied by the new fee. New versions of our application forms will be available o...

Applicants: 6 April changes to the Immigration Rules

05 April 2013

As previously announced, a number of changes to the Immigration Rules are coming into effect on 6 April 2013.

The changes to the rules are as follows:

  • The Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur) route, to include additional places for talented MBA graduates from UK Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). This will also include the UK Trade and Investment's elite global graduate entrepreneur scheme.
  • The Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) route, to split the application process so that applicants w...
Applicants: 'Apply online' service will be temporarily unavailable from 5 April 2013

05 April 2013

Our 'Apply online' service for applicants inside the UK will be unavailable between 18:00 on 5 April 2013 and 06:00 8 April 2013 while we carry out essential maintenance.

During this time, applicants will not be able to:

  • access their customer account;
  • submit applications;
  • book appointments;
  • pay for their applications online; or
  • use our 'application form finder' tool.

If you are considering applying online around this period, please make sure that you...

Applicants: New application forms - 6 April 2013

05 April 2013

Today we have published new versions of the following application forms for use on or after 6 April 2013:

  • FLR (BUS) - further leave to remain (overseas business representative or retired person of independent means)
  • FLR(M) - further leave to remain (marriage)
  • FLR(O) - further leave to remain (other)
  • FLR(P) - further leave to remain (child under 18 of relative with leave as refugee or under humanitarian protection)
  • FLRTier1 (HSMP) - further leave to remain (Highly Skilled Mi...
<< Start < Prev 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 Next > End >>

Page 156 of 188