control panel

Welcome to UKPermits. This website provides information about immigration into the UK for Employers, Business, Family and tourist visitors. You will find details of the different immigration categories and the visa requirements for foreign nationals.

If you are not a British Citizen or a citizen of one the European Economic Area (EEA) countries, you may need an entry clearance before you travel to the UK. People from certain countries, known as visa nationals, need an entry clearance to enter the UK for any reason; those from other countries need one only for some reasons: for example, to live as the wife or husband of a British Citizen. Entry clearance is the formal term to describe the application process for visa nationals who wish to travel to the United Kingdom and for non visa nationals who intend a longer stay or to settle in the UK.

Employers will find information on their responsibilities to not employ people illegally and details on the tier 2 sponsorship tier, part of the managed migration 5 tier immigration structure.

Individuals will find help on how we can assist them in making entry clearance ( from overseas ) or further leave to remain ( from within the UK) applications and how we can assist with urgent applications in the UK.


Latest News

Guidance: Litigation debt

UK Visas and Immigration guidance for dealing with situations where an applicant for entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain owes a litigation debt to the Home Office.

News story: Unaccompanied minors arrive in UK ahead of Calais camp clearance

The first group of unaccompanied children have arrived in the UK from Calais today (17 October), following the Home Secretary’s pledge to transfer as many minors as possible before the camp is cleared.

The group, aged 14 to 17, were transported across the Channel this morning. They will be screened and processed by the Home Office, before being reunited with their families in the coming days.

More children are due to arrive from France over the next few days and weeks under the Dublin regulation mechanism.

Separately, Home Office officials are working with French authorities, NGOs and ...

Read more